Europe & USA $150 USD Rest of World $150 USD
THIS HERMETIC LEGISLATURE: A HOMAGE TO BRUNO SCHULZ
Edited by D.P. Watt and D.T. Ghetu
Publication Date: June 2012
‘Let’s return to the Authentic. We have never forsaken it. And here we must stress a characteristic of the script, which by now no doubt has become clear to the reader: it unfolds while being read, its boundaries open to all currents and fluctuations.’ - Bruno Schulz, The Book
This Hermetic Legislature is a tribute to Bruno Schulz and the third such homage volume from Ex Occidente Press. At the end of a curious parallel track of imagination the Twentieth Century is frozen by the memory of early spring snows, the lascivious gaze of tradesmen, dark July nights and the chatter of exotic birds. Every face in the crowd is as still as a travelling waxwork exhibit. It is an Age of Genius writ in crumbing ledgers and announced in the margins of charlatans’ advertisements. Everywhere the agony and ecstasy of its times may be read. Upon every mouldering wall there is a rich mural of creation and beneath every glittering plastic jewel of technology hides an ancient fermentation. In each shop window, with its teetering mannequins, a universe of magical forms unfolds —a pageant of infinite life begging to be rewritten, to live again!
1. Fugue for Black Thursday by George Berguno
2. Great Ruins of Tomorrow by Stephen J. Clark
3. The Fall of a City Planner by Karim Ghahwagi
4. The Messiah of the Mannequins by Rhys Hughes
5. Letters in Black Wood by Joel Lane
6. The Original Light by Mark Valentine
7. With Shadow All the Marble Steps by Oliver Smith
8. Manual of Quiet Destruction by Charles Schneider
9. Silver on Green by John Howard
10. The Subjugation of Eros by D.P. Watt
11. All in a Hot and Copper Sky by Dominy Clements
12. My Ruined Father by Douglas Thompson
13. The Notched Sword by Adam S. Cantwell
14. A Calendar of Cherries by Colin Insole
15. The Vile Game of Gunter and Landau by Michael Cisco
16. A Posthumous Messiah by Reggie Oliver
17. The Restaurant Saint Martin by R.B. Russell
18. My Heretical Existence by Mark Samuels
This Hermetic Legislature: A Homage to Bruno Schulz is an over-sized sewn hardcover book of 300 pages with endpapers, a full-colour frontispiece and a dust-jacket. Deluxe cloth boards with folio. Edition limited to 100 copies. $150 inc. p&p; to Europe and USA, $150 to the rest of the world.
All contents of this page are © Ex Occidente Press 2008-2011. All individual copyrights are retained by the creators.
Nothing may be reproduced without written permission.